REGISTRATION FOR THE LION KING IS NOW CLOSED.
Due to the size of the cast, we will not be able to accept registration for walk-ins on this production.
AUDITION INFORMATION (Updated 8/31)
IMPORTANT NOTES & DATES
- Parent Meeting - Thursday, August 27th at 5:30pm - learn about our process and what your commitment will look like
- 9/1 from 2:45pm - 6pm. 1/2 Cast (refer to email with list of those called)
- 9/2 from 1:30-5 All Actors
- 9/3 from 2:45pm - 6pm. 1/2 Cast (refer to email with list of those called)
- Callbacks - 9/4 from 2:45pm - 6pm
- Cancellations will be accepted with 100% refund until 9/4 at 9am
- Cast List to be posted 9/5 by 9pm, along with rehearsal schedule with specifics by role
- Rehearsals are after school, Monday through Thursday, September 8 - November 6. Mon, Tue, Thur, 2:45-6pm, Wed 1:30-5pm. Not all actors will be called to all rehearsals. You will refer to the rehearsal schedule by role to find your actor's rehearsal schedule when the cast list is posted.
- Frequent Mandatory All Call Rehearsals are scheduled, as the ensemble sings in most of the songs. If your actor is absent the day a song or choreography is taught, they will not participate in this scene. All actors must be available for every rehearsal from Nov 2-15. Do not register for this show if your actor will miss any rehearsals during this timeframe.
- First Rehearsal - Tuesday, September 8 and will be an All Call.
- Tech Week will be November 9 - November 12th. Evening technical rehearsals, with Full Dress Rehearsal on Wednesday, November 11. (NOTE: November 11 is a school holiday)
Our Director brings to us a community audition process, which we think will work great for our actors. Here's a rundown, so your actor(s) will know what to expect on audition day.
- It is not necessary for actors to prepare a song in advance.
- Actors who are not interested in lead roles will not be required to solo at auditions and will be cast in one of the ensemble groups. They are, however, required to be present while others perform solo, and to behave well as a respectful and supportive "audience."
- Monday, August 31 - Cast members will be taught a dance and then asked to perform this dance in smaller groups . Some will also be given script lines to read.
- Monday, August 31 & Tuesday, September 1st - All actors will be taught vocals to the 2nd chorus of "The Circle of Life" until they are feeling comfortable with the excerpt:
It's the Circle of Life - and it moves us all
Through despair and hope - through faith and love
Till we find our place - on the path unwinding
In the Circle - The Circle of Life
- As a reference for those who'd like to practice at home before auditions, in the youtube clip link below, the 2nd chorus starts at the 2:17 mark. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYeohu_u2Bc
- If an actor wants to be considered for a lead role with solo vocals, they must sing this excerpt on their own in front of the other cast members, which will serve as a supportive "audience ." They will be accompanied by piano.
- Those auditioning for leads will be asked to introduce themselves: their name and age (in their best "theater voice") and then sing the 2nd chorus.
- Parents are not allowed in the auditions.
- September 2 & 3 - Actors who receive a call back slip will read, dance and sing for specific characters.
- The cast list will be posted on the TIM website on Friday, September 4th by 9pm. The rehearsal schedule will also be posted at the same time so you can determine when your child will need to be at rehearsals from Sept-Nov.
- Please note: The ENTIRE cast will be called for the first week of rehearsals: Tue., Sept. 8, Wed., Sept. 9 & Thur., Sept. 10th.