IMPORTANT NOTES & DATES
- Parent Meeting - Friday, October 28th at 6:30pm in the Exploratorium (Old PE Portable) - learn about our process and what your commitment will look like. Scripts and CDs will be handed out. Attendance is MANDATORY.
- Audition Workshops
- Tuesday 11/1 from 6pm - 9pm in the Loma Forum (everyone)
- Wednesday 11/2 from 6pm - 9pm in the Loma Forum (vocal callbacks)
- Thursday 11/3 from 6pm - 9pm in the Loma Forum (speaking callbacks)
- Cancellations will be accepted with 100% refund until 11/7 at 9am
- Cast List to be posted 11/4 by 9pm, along with rehearsal schedule with specifics by role
- Rehearsals are in the evenings, Monday through Thursday, November 7 - February 9 from 6pm to 9pm. Not all actors will be called to all rehearsals. You will refer to the rehearsal schedule by role to find your actor's rehearsal schedule when the cast list is posted.
- Frequent Mandatory All Call Rehearsals are scheduled, as the ensemble sings in most of the songs. If your actor is absent the day a song or choreography is taught, they will not participate in this scene. It is critical actors are available for each rehearsal from Jan 23 - Feb 9. Do not register for this show if your actor has known conflicts that will cause him/her to miss any rehearsals during this timeframe.
- First Rehearsal - Monday, November 7 and will be an All Call.
- Tech Week will be February 6th - February 9th. Evening technical rehearsals, with Full Dress Rehearsal on Wednesday, February 8th.
Our Director brings to us a community audition process, which we think will work great for our actors. Here's a rundown, so your actor(s) will know what to expect on audition day.
- It is not necessary for actors to prepare a song in advance.
- Actors who are not interested in lead roles will not be required to solo at auditions and will be cast in one of the ensemble groups. They are, however, required to be present while others perform solo, and to behave well as a respectful and supportive "audience."
- Tuesday, November 1 & Wednesday, November 2 will be about a half hour for intros, warmups and learning the song and about five minutes per student for individual auditions and working on dance routines.
- Thursday, November 3 will be callbacks for potential principal characters.
- As a reference for those who'd like to practice at home before auditions, we will be singing Welcome to Wonderland from 2:44 - 3:03. The song with lyrics can be found below by selecting the "Wonderland High Sing Along" button.
- If an actor wants to be considered for a lead role with solo vocals, they must sing this excerpt on their own in front of the other cast members, which will serve as a supportive "audience." They will be accompanied by piano.
- Those auditioning for leads will be asked to introduce themselves: their name and age (in their best "theater voice") and then sing the audition song.
- Parents are not allowed in the auditions.
- Thursday, November 3 - Actors who received a call back slip will read, dance and sing for specific characters.
- The cast list will be posted on the TIM website on Friday, November 4th by 9pm. The rehearsal schedule will also be posted at the same time so you can determine when your child will need to be at rehearsals from Nov-Feb.
- Please note: The ENTIRE cast will be called for the first week of rehearsals: Monday, November 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th