Before signing up for auditions, please read our Production Policies Agreement (click here.)
Auditions will be held on Monday August 31st & Tuesday September 1st, from 2:45-6:00 at the Theatre in the Mountains office, located between the Loma gym and CT English Middle School. Children only need to attend one audition day, either Tuesday or Thursday, and may be asked to attend call-backs on Wednesday September 2nd or Thursday September 3rd, in the Dance Room. You may accompany your child to audition check-ins, or we will have students meet a parent volunteer at the flagpole after school (Ms. Raquel will make an announcement both days as a reminder).
To make the audition process as easy as possible, we have created an on-line scheduling process. Each actor should sign up for 1 slot. The entire process should take about an hour and 15 minutes. Please click here to reserve your audition time slot.
When your child comes to auditions please:
- Bring the following with him/her to auditions:
- Signed Contract: Download and print HERE (A copy of this can be obtained from the Loma office if you do not have access to a printer)
- Completed conflict calendar: Dowload and print HERE (A copy of this can be obtained from the Loma office if you do not have access to a printer)
- Payment (if you are paying by check or cash)
- Ensure your child is dressed comfortably (clothing and shoes)
- Ensure your child has a snack and water
At auditions your child will be expected to do the following:
- Sing any song of his/her choice (it could be as simple as Happy Birthday) you may bring a CD, IPOD or just sing acappella
- Learn a short dance sequence that we will be teaching
- Read a short excerpt that we will provide
Note that it is perfectly okay if your child has no prior experience with singing, dancing, or theatre - all children who audition will be cast in the show!
Parents, caregivers and siblings are welcome to wait with children in the check in area outside the audition room. Children will audition in groups of ten as scheduled online at http://www2.mysignup.com/cgi-bin/view.cgi?datafile=tim-audition. The director will make all casting decisions, and only staff members will be present in the audition room. Children may leave with a parent when their audition group is finished, or supervision will be provided at the theatre office until 6:00 pm. If your child is in the Kids and Co. program, or has special arrangements after auditions, just let us know. We look forward to seeing you there!
Ready to sign up for auditions??? Click here!