IMPORTANT NOTES & DATES
- Parent Meeting - Monday, August 28th at 6:30pm - learn about our process and what your commitment will look like.
- Monday 8/28 from 3:00 pm - 6:00 pm. All Actors for dance workshop
- Tuesday 8/29 from 3:00 pm - 6:00 pm. 1/2 Cast (refer to email with list of those called or click button below)
- Wednesday 8/30 from 1:45 pm - 5:00 pm. 1/2 Cast (refer to email with list of those called or click button below)
- Callbacks - Thursday 8/31 from 3:00 pm - 6:00 pm
- Cancellations will be accepted with 100% refund until 8/28 at 9am (See Production Policy for more details)
- Cast List to be posted 9/1 by 9:00 pm, along with rehearsal schedule with specifics by role
- Rehearsals are after school, Monday through Thursday, September 5 - November 2. Mon, Tue, Thur, 3:00 pm - 6:00 pm, Wed 1:45 pm - 5:00 pm. No rehearsal for 10/31 but there will be one scheduled for 11/1 even though there won't be school that day for Loma. Not all actors will be called to all rehearsals. You will refer to the rehearsal schedule by role to find your actor's rehearsal schedule when the cast list is posted.
- Frequent Mandatory All Call Rehearsals are scheduled, as the ensemble sings in most of the songs. If your actor is absent the day a song or choreography is taught, they will not participate in this scene. All actors must be available for every rehearsal from Oct 24 - Nov 10. Do not register for this show if your actor will miss any rehearsals during this timeframe.
- First Rehearsal - Tuesday, September 6 and will be an All Call.
- Tech Week will be November 6th - November 9th. Evening technical rehearsals, with Full Dress Rehearsal on Wednesday, November 8th. (NOTE: Tech Week is scheduled during parent teacher conferences so your child will have extra time to come home before evening rehearsals)
- Move In / Strike. Move In is the Sunday before Tech Week (November 5th) and Strike is immediately following Sunday's performance on the 12th. All families are required to participate in either/or Move In and Strike.
Our Director brings to us a community audition process, which we think will work great for our actors. Here's a rundown, so your actor(s) will know what to expect on audition day.
- It is not necessary for actors to prepare a song in advance.
- Actors who are not interested in lead roles will not be required to solo at auditions and will be cast in one of the ensemble groups. They are, however, required to be present while others perform solo, and to behave well as a respectful and supportive "audience."
- Monday, August 28 will be a group workshop working on dance routines.
- Tuesday, August 29 & Wednesday August 30 will be about a half hour for intros, warmups and learning the song and about five minutes per student for individual auditions. Registrants will be split up evenly between the two days based on preference with the earliest registrants getting priority of preference.
- Thursday, August 31 will be callbacks for potential principal characters.
- As a reference for those who'd like to practice at home before auditions, we will be posting the song(s) to be sung at auditions here (and the parent page) once we make them available.
- If an actor wants to be considered for a lead role with solo vocals, they must sing this excerpt on their own in front of the other cast members, which will serve as a supportive "audience ." They will be accompanied by piano.
- Those auditioning for leads will be asked to introduce themselves: their name and age (in their best "theater voice") and then sing the audition song.
- Parents are not allowed in the auditions.
- Thursday, August 31 - Actors who receive a call back slip will read, dance and sing for specific characters.
- The cast list will be posted on the TIM website on Friday, September 1st by 9:00 pm. The rehearsal schedule will also be posted at the same time so you can determine when your child will need to be at rehearsals from Sept-Nov.
- Please note: The ENTIRE cast will be called for the first week of rehearsals: Tue., Sept. 5th, Wed., Sept. 6th & Thur., Sept. 7th.