IMPORTANT NOTES & DATES
- Parent Meeting - Tuesday, January 10th at 6:30 pm in the old P.E. Portable - learn about our process and what your commitment will look like
- Audition Workshops
- 1/11 from 1:45 pm - 3:45 pm. 1st Graders
- 1/12 from 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm. 2nd Graders
- 1/13 from 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm. All actors
- Cancellations will be accepted with 100% refund first day of rehearsals
- Cast List to be posted 1/15 by 9:00 pm, along with rehearsal schedule with specifics by role
- Rehearsals are after school, Monday, Tuesday and Thursday, January 19th - March 9th. Not all actors will be called to all rehearsals. You will refer to the rehearsal schedule by role to find your actor's rehearsal schedule when the cast list is posted.
- First Rehearsal - Thursday, January 19 and will be an All Call.
- Tech Week will be March 6th - March 9th. Evening technical rehearsals, with Full Dress and Makeup Rehearsal on Wednesday, March 8th and Full Dress Rehearsal on Thursday, March 10th.
Our Director brings to us a community audition process, which works great for our actors. Here's a rundown, so your actor(s) will know what to expect on audition days.
- It is not necessary for actors to prepare a song in advance.
- Actors who are not interested in lead roles will not be required to solo at auditions and will be cast in one of the ensemble groups. They are, however, required to be present while others perform solo, and to behave well as a respectful and supportive "audience."
- Wednesday, January 11 & Thursday January 12 will be about a half hour for intros, warmups and learning the song and about five minutes per student for individual auditions.
- Friday, January 13 will be callbacks for potential principal characters.
- If an actor wants to be considered for a lead role with solo vocals, they must sing this excerpt on their own in front of the other cast members, which will serve as a supportive "audience ." They will be accompanied by piano.
- Those auditioning for leads will be asked to introduce themselves: their name and age (in their best "theater voice") and then sing the audition song.
- Parents are not allowed in the auditions.
- The cast list will be posted on the TIM website on Sunday, January 15th by 9:00 pm. The rehearsal schedule will also be posted at the same time so you can determine when your child will need to be at rehearsals from Jan-Mar.
- Please note: The ENTIRE cast will be called for the first week of rehearsals: Thur., Jan. 19th.