IMPORTANT NOTES & DATES
- Parent Meeting - Monday, August 29th at 6:30pm - learn about our process and what your commitment will look like
- 8/29 from 3:00 pm - 6:00 pm. 1/2 Cast (refer to email with list of those called)
- 8/30 from 3:00 pm - 6:00 pm. All Actors for dance workshop
- 8/31 from 1:45 pm - 5:00 pm. 1/2 Cast (refer to email with list of those called)
- Callbacks - Thursday 9/1 from 3:00 pm - 6:00 pm
- Cancellations will be accepted with 100% refund until 9/1 at 9am
- Cast List to be posted 9/2 by 9:00 pm, along with rehearsal schedule with specifics by role
- Rehearsals are after school, Monday through Thursday, September 6 - November 10. Mon, Tue, Thur, 3:00 pm - 6:00 pm, Wed 1:45 pm - 5:00 pm. Not all actors will be called to all rehearsals. You will refer to the rehearsal schedule by role to find your actor's rehearsal schedule when the cast list is posted.
- Frequent Mandatory All Call Rehearsals are scheduled, as the ensemble sings in most of the songs. If your actor is absent the day a song or choreography is taught, they will not participate in this scene. All actors must be available for every rehearsal from Oct 24 - Nov 10. Do not register for this show if your actor will miss any rehearsals during this timeframe.
- First Rehearsal - Tuesday, September 6 and will be an All Call.
- Tech Week will be November 7th - November 10th. Evening technical rehearsals, with Full Dress Rehearsal on Wednesday, November 9th. (NOTE: Tech Week is scheduled during parent teacher conferences so your child will have extra time to come home before evening rehearsals)
Our Director brings to us a community audition process, which we think will work great for our actors. Here's a rundown, so your actor(s) will know what to expect on audition day.
- It is not necessary for actors to prepare a song in advance.
- Actors who are not interested in lead roles will not be required to solo at auditions and will be cast in one of the ensemble groups. They are, however, required to be present while others perform solo, and to behave well as a respectful and supportive "audience."
- Monday, August 29 & Wednesday August 31 will be about a half hour for intros, warmups and learning the song and about five minutes per student for individual auditions. Registrants will be split up evenly between the two days based on preference with the earliest registrants getting priority of preference.
- Tuesday, August 30 will be a group workshop working on dance routines.
- Thursday, September 1 will be callbacks for potential principal characters.
- As a reference for those who'd like to practice at home before auditions, we will be singing "Yellow Submarine". The song with lyrics can be found below.
- If an actor wants to be considered for a lead role with solo vocals, they must sing this excerpt on their own in front of the other cast members, which will serve as a supportive "audience ." They will be accompanied by piano.
- Those auditioning for leads will be asked to introduce themselves: their name and age (in their best "theater voice") and then sing the audition song.
- Parents are not allowed in the auditions.
- Thursday, September 1 - Actors who receive a call back slip will read, dance and sing for specific characters.
- The cast list will be posted on the TIM website on Friday, September 2nd by 9:00 pm. The rehearsal schedule will also be posted at the same time so you can determine when your child will need to be at rehearsals from Sept-Nov.
- Please note: The ENTIRE cast will be called for the first week of rehearsals: Tue., Sept. 6th, Wed., Sept. 7th & Thur., Sept. 9th.